Professional Drug Rehabilitiaton Programs in Los Angeles, CA (323) 275-9019
Drug and alcohol abuse causes the user to develop a brain disease, which means the user continues using substances despite the harmful side effects. The powerful cravings for drugs outweigh common sense. The effects of the drugs control the individual. The euphoric feeling is so potent the individual would rather risk severe health problems resulting from the drugs.
At some point an addict can be so wrapped up in their addiction that they forget about their wellbeing. The staff at Alcohol Treatment Centers Los Angeles understand addiction is a viscous cycle that disregards logic. Call (323) 275-9019 to get the help you need.
How Does Addiction Affect the Brain?
Prolonged drug use changes the brain in long-lasting ways:
Addiction causes both short-term and long-term health implications. Every type of substance brings a different set of side effects. Call (323) 275-9019 to begin a Drug Rehab Program and eliminate the flood of side effects. The short-term effects of drug abuse and misuse include:
- Kidney infections
- Poor impulse control
- Mental instability including: memory loss and loss of taste and smell
- Muscle cramping
- Involuntary jaw clenching
- Rise in body temperature
- High blood pressure
- Ability to understand
- Behavior control
- Alters judgment and decision making
- Poor social skills
- Blurred vision
- Reduced sex drive
- Fluid retention
Side Effects of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Alcohol Treatment Centers Los Angeles help the addict recover from drug use and stop the repercussions of drug and alcohol abuse. The side effects make it is impossible to live a normal healthy life. In addition to the short-term effects, the long-term health consequences of drug abuse and misuse is life altering and even life threatening:
- Heart disease
- Liver disease
The adverse health implications begin within one hour of or so after taking some drugs. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, more than 100 people die every day in the U.S. because of a drug overdose. Los Angeles Drug Rehab Program helps individuals with addiction treatment therapy, contact one of the counselors now: (323) 275-9019.
Types of Drug Rehab Programs
When someone has an addiction, whether it is alcohol, prescription medicine or over-the-counter medications, inhalants or illicit drugs, our Los Angeles, CA Drug Rehab Programs treat every type of addiction.
The substance abuse facilities provided several types of treatment:
- Inpatient treatment – the number of days addicts stay depends on their needs but could range from 30-45 days.
- Outpatient treatment – for those individuals needing to continue working or have other responsibilities preventing them from 24-hour care for their drug addiction. This does not mean the individual will not succeed with addiction therapy, but it will require him or her to have a good support system outside of the Drug Rehab Program. Since they are not monitored 24-hours a day, they need a few good friends or close family members to lean on when not in treatment. It is possible to have a successful recovery from drugs and substance abuse, call (323) 275-9019.
With the help from a professional staff of physicians and therapists who understand addiction and how it disturbs an addict’s life, rehabilitation is possible. The individuals learn strategies on how to live drug and alcohol-free. Imagine a life without substance abuse. After recovery the individual re-develops better decision-making skills, life skills and have an opportunity to regain a healthy life, call Alcohol Treatment Centers Los Angeles today: (323) 275-9019.